Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Zippered Pouch

I tried my hand at a zippered pouch and I'm actually surprised at the results. I have very little experience sewing zippers (only one other time have I ever sewn a zipper) so it took some deep concentration to make sure that I got the lining, the outside fabric and the zipper all sandwiched together in a way that would result in a functional piece-which explains why there are no step-by-step pictures or bumblebee tag, I was just way to focused on not messing up.

As soon as I can get my hands on another zipper (which requires a 45 minute drive down to the closest notions store [yuck!]) I'll give it another go, this time taking pictures along the way so you too can give it your best shot! But for now, here's the finished product:




--Sarah







Show and Tell Green

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! From the pictures I'd have no idea you weren't an old hand at sewing zippers. I had the same confusion when sewing my first zipper into a bag and kept having to go back to my instructions to make sure the lining and everything would wind up the right way out when done. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I love yours and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete