Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of the Year

I've been reading all of my favorite blogs end-of-the-year posts, and most of them bring tears to my eyes. Some are a joyful recap of a year of blessing and some tell of blessing found in struggle. It is true that life is not always easy, that often times we find ourselves in the most uncomfortable of places feeling as if we don't have what it takes to make it through. So when I read the stories told by others who have found a way and can now say: I made it through...I am stronger...I have joy, I cry. Partly because struggle is so familiar, but mostly because I understand the joy.

Last year, the seemingly insurmountable struggle of joblessness and ownership of a house across the country, that we didn't even live in clouded our view of EVERYTHING. But God, in his wisdom and ability to see EVERYTHING clearly, gave us the gift of joy: Sophia Jewel. Suddenly the financial struggles that had clouded of vision were swept away and replaced with tender moments of absolute clarity: tiny toes, soft little palms and squinty eyes we waited expectantly to open. The beautiful miracle of our baby girl, that was the joy we needed to get through. 

For my husband, Mark and I 2010 has been a year of JOY, in spite of struggles that continue to swirl around us. We're looking forward to 2011, hoping that the storm that seems to have raged in our lives the past few years will dissipate, revealing a little more sunshine. 

 Joy in the form of a little strawberry-clad wonder.
Love those slobbery kisses.
My husband and our little joy-bug.

As for my Mom and I, we're scheming up some great new things for Bumblebee and Sophie. Our joint effort continues to be a source of joy, bringing us together as mother and daughter, but more importantly as friends. And my little "joy-bug," Sophia continues to be our inspiration, a source of sloppy kisses, amusement and JOY.




Wishing you blessings in 2011!


Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment