Friday, December 17, 2010

C-R-E-A-T-I-V-E

One of Sophia's birthday (click here to see her penguin-themed party) gifts was this adorable name-plate, handmade by our friend Heidi. Not only is it a gift that Sophia won't grow out of (she got 7 pairs of pajamas!), but it also compliments the colors in her bedding (the bedding that inspired this whole endeavor a year ago). 
Such a great personalized gift!

SO cute!

And here's the inspirational bedding:


What a great gift idea! Thanks Heidi! What creative things have you done with scrabble letters?

--Sarah




Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays
The Girl Creative

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! If I ever find a cheap scrabble game at a garage sale or something I'll snatch it up and do this! Great idea.

    I'd love you to check out my blog, too! Last day for a giveawaY!

    www.uvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I made personalized wine charms for my mom for Christmas (drilled a hole through letters and strung them with beads on wire - one for her and each of her close friends). I've been looking for other things to do with scrabble tiles now that I don't have a complete set anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea this is! A great idea for Christmas presents, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've also made necklaces and key chains. Pictures will have to wait until after Christmas :) I've also thought about making ornaments spelling out "joy" or "love". The trick to the key chains and ornaments is to drill a hole at both the top and bottom of the tile and connect with jump rings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Sophia's scrabble plate. And the bedding.

    I'm in the midst of mocking up some tile magnets with the scrabble font and value painted on for my whole family out west...{we all play scrabble pogo online together}

    If you have time, please link this up to Creative Juice Thursday...

    happy holidays,
    nicolette @
    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-take-4.html

    ReplyDelete