Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Music Stand Gig Bag

My husband is a musician, he leads worship in our church and often needs to carry his music stand to practices.  He asked me to make a bag for it, nothing special he said... just a bag.
I pulled some "manly" looking fabric out of my stash.  I measured the length and added several inches {sorry,  I didn't write down the exact measurements} you need to add enough for the box end and the draw string top.  I also measured around the widest part of the folded stand, and again added several inches, for seams and for extra room.
I added some pizzazz with a little piecing, no ordinary bag for my music man!
I put two button holes in for the draw cord.  And folded over the edge for the casing for the drawstring.
I cut a lining the same size as the top and sewed the two together.  Then folded it in half and serged the inside seam.
I boxed the bottom, oops, forgot to take pictures of that step...It is really simple to do, next time I will show you...
Here is the finished product!  The "Music Man" loves it!  Really "Fancy" he said. But, don't tell him it was really simple!!



Play on.

--Cindy




”Show
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



6 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. DJ Juhliin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. contratar dj para boda barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. music industry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. https://jute-bag-53.webselfsite.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is formulated or organized sound. Although it cannot contain emotions,Animals music it is sometimes designed to manipulate and transform the emotion of the listener/listeners. Music created for movies is a good example of its use to manipulate emotions.

    ReplyDelete