Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashion Inspiration

Lately, I've been on a "I-care-about-fashion" kick, where I'm more thoughtful about what I choose to wear each day (as opposed to the jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt outfit I normally reach for). I picked up the Wall Street Journal's review of New York's Fashion Week a couple weeks ago and it seemed one of the major trends (among MANY others) was neutrals and soft pinks, in billowy fabrics with a very feminine cut. I love the look. Mostly because it's girly, but understated and incredibly classy. I like that.

Here are a few pieces I've seen lately that I love, and would like to try to duplicate....I just need to find the time.


This dress was featured in Real Simple. The dress is by Elizabeth and James. So pretty! So expensive...
Super cute Tulle skirt. Club Monaco.


Cropped, skinny Khakis are in. These are Old Navy.

Not super flowy, but lovin' the highwaisted skirt. Club Monaco.

Love this asymmetrical necklace. Another Club Monaco. 

What I love about this skirt is it is totally casual with flats, but easily dressed up with heels. Club Monaco...I guess I really like their collection right now. 
This top is so casual but pretty. Three Dots.
THis dress is gorgeous and has such beautiful detail (hard to see in this picture, but it does). By Lela Rose.
This isn't pastel, but it's so cool! I love it!

So there's my inspiration for spring...just wish we had spring weather to wear it in. For those of you not living in New England, you're lucky. We got 4 inches of snow yesterday. The only consolation is that it will be melting soon!

--Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment