Tuesday, March 1, 2011

mmmm....chocolate

 If I am craving chocolate(..."if," who am I kidding?! More like "when"...and the answer to that would be every day), it is usually in the form of a fudgy, gooey brownies. I love dense, fudge-like brownies, the kind that stick to your fingers and require much licking. Hmmm. Those kind. You can't get that kind from a box mix, you gotta make it from scratch. I've compiled this recipe from several different ones I found online. I've manipulated it a little over time, playing around with the amounts and what I've settled on makes a pretty darn good brownie.



I lick that bowl, thank you very much.
Homemade Brownies

Preheat oven to 350

Melt 2 sticks of butter
Add 1 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. brown sugar
Add two eggs
Add 1 tsp. vanilla
cream together all the wet ingredients
Add 1/2 c. cocoa powder
Add 1 1/2 c. flower
Add 1 tsp. salt
mix thoroughly

put batter in 8x8 baking dish bake for 25-30 min. center should be cooked but gooey


**There are no "after" shots, because after they came out of the oven I ate them all. Well, no I didn't eat them all. Just most of them, then had to cover them up and put them away, out of sight or I would have eaten them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment