Thursday, October 14, 2010

Putting it Off 'till Tomorrow

So...I haven't made too much progress on any of the things I listed in Monday's post. The past three days have been simply G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Really. Beautiful New England fall days, where the sun is warm and the breeze is crisp and the sky is so blue that it makes the leaves on the trees look like fire. 
Instead of sewing Sophia and I went hiking. It was a good choice. Considering we're expecting a Nor' Easter up in these parts: which means 4 solid days of rain and wind. And by the time the storm passes through all the leaves will be knocked out of the trees, the color will be gone and it will be barren and gray and November. 

 View from the top of Mt. Major in Gilford, NH looking out over lake Winnipasaukee.
 Looking towards Wolfeboro Bay in Winter Bay.
Sophia looks out at the changing leaves.


I decided the sewing can wait 'till the rain starts, then I'll have all my bright fabrics to cheer me up.

--Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment