Last week, along with launching our clothing line I spent some of my crafty-time (ie Sophia's nap-time) re-fashioning a few old t-shirts. Recycling old t-shirts (or any old clothes for that matter) into new clothing can be really fun and gratifying (or in some occasions, really frustrating and hug let down--depending on the kind of sewing day you're having).
This week I had good sewing days--mostly because my machine cooperated and did what I wanted it to do. The result? A cute t-shirt dress made from shirt my husband rarely wore, and a pair of leggings to match. The leggings, in their former life, were sleeves, attached to a shirt I found at Goodwill for a dollar.
Sophia isn't quite big enough to model these yet (they are about a 12 month size), and she is also napping (ahhh).
To get the pattern for the t-shirt dress, I took apart a dress that was handed down to Sophia--I wasn't quite a fan of the mint green color, so I had no problem ripping out the seams.
What a great idea! So your mom isn't the only sewing brains of the outfit?
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!
ReplyDelete(Jumping over from Tatertots and Jello) I must say,using sleeves as leggings...GENIUS! I will definitely try this out.
ReplyDeleteVery, very cool.
ReplyDeleteNice article! The SeductiveUtopiaAPAC blog seems to be covering some interesting developments in this space. SeductiveUtopiaAPAC blog
ReplyDeleteSuch amazing fashion inspiration. Abracadabra NYC
ReplyDelete