Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Experiments

This weekend I had a bit of free time thanks to a few long naps and the fact that my husband was home to help with diaper duty. I played around with the length of the key chains I made last week: making them longer so that instead of a "key fob" it is more of a "key wristlet." I also made, what I like to call "The Teacher Key Chain." Prior to having Sophia back in December I was a high school English teacher and always wore my classroom keys around my neck. My key lanyard was never as fun and stylish as this one though! I also duplicated a business card holder I made for myself a few weeks ago. Not only is this little wallet perfect for business cards, but it can be home to your ID, credit cards and a cash--I've even stashed my phone in it a couple times. It's the perfect size to throw in your back pocket if you're not carrying a purse or tuck it into the a pocket in your diaper bag.





I also started a few more pacifier lanyards and loved the way they made a luscious fabric bouquet.



Sumo Sweet Stuff

The Girl Creative





Show and Tell Green

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with that fabric! I also love the fact that you guys are a mother, daughter, grand daughter team! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
    --Leigh
    dirtcheapdecoratingdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your link on bluecricket. Cute stuff :) I make bags of all sorts, and a little bit of everything else.

    www.vibrant-designs.blogspot.com

    Julie

    ReplyDelete