Sunday, March 4, 2012

Purging the Sewing Room

I think this will be the hardest Organize and Simplify yet.   It is easy to go through the kitchen and get rid of dishes or that warming tray that I have not used in 5 years...  But we are talking about my sewing room...that means fabric, and books and the magazines I have spent years collecting these things, but if we are going to downsize, I need to be ruthless.  I think that is hard and scary!!
 
Here are some BEFORE pictures.






As you can see the clutter is a bit overwhelming.    I do have a lot of stuff... The first things that went are all the scrapbooking supplies.  I have decided that I really am not going to do much scrapbooking anymore, so it is all going.  I have put a post up on the blog you can go here and see all the things that I am offering for sale.  Email me if you are interested.

Have you noticed your taste in decor or fabric changes over the years.  Mine has.  I know some of you are just getting started, but after 30 years, my tastes have gone from country, dark, to a cross between Pottery Barn and Ikea.  I like color and I like bold, hence there are no white walls in my house.  I have a lot of dark fabric, although I have gotten rid of some, I still have a fair amount.  Even though I don't favor these fabrics I still think of projects I could make with it, makes it hard to purge....

Over this week I will be continuing in the sewing room and will have a few posts, there is a lot of stuff...

Even with the purging I have gotten a few sewing projects done, here are a few pictures .

I participated in a fat quarter exchange and project at Ninth Street Notions ,  I made a gift set for a baby girl shower gift.  It consists of a little bag, two burp cloths, a paci-clip, and a bib clip.  It will be going in my Etsy shop this week. I had 5 fat quarters to work with, I did add one more for the lining of the bag.





This is the latest Sewing Machine cover, it has a Mug rug and pincushion that goes with it.  It is already listed in the Etsy Shop.







I love the contrast of black and pink.  

I will be busy this week purging and getting rid of things.  Hope you have a good week.

Cindy



Where I am linking to this week:

8 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I need to do this to my craft supplies! I have recently moved and can't find a place to put everything! I've decided I just need to get it all out by making a bunch of things and putting in my etsy shop too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dori, Thanks for the comment, I replied to your email, but it came back to me?? Good luck getting rid of things! I always feel better when things are in their palces.
      cindy

      Delete
  2. Oh Wow! These are so lovely & gorgeous! I wish I can sew as good as you ! I'm glad to found your blog coz it's an AWESOME blog!! LOVE your space! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kit! I too love Jane Austen!! and love your recipes!!
      Cindy

      Delete
  3. These are great :) Thanks for linking up to creative Monday at clairejustineoxox's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sewing machine cover! strolled over from the Southern Institute. I can't even fathom cleaning my sewing area...too scary!

    jess @
    tupelocreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sewing room is about 8' x 8'. Oh yeah ... it's also my office. Purging is an ongoing process around here.

    Your projects are stunning.
    Mary @ Sea Quilts

    ReplyDelete