Thursday, April 19, 2012

Joy and Sadness

I realize it has been 10 days since I last posted.  I can tell by the counter that a few have visited, but, no comments... I do love feedback, so if you read please leave me a comment.  Just say HI or something.

My life has had some ups and downs this last weekend.  The good - Caleb Jonathan was born on the 15th of April.  Way over in Singapore.  His mommy had a "marathon"labor, 26 hours, she is a marathon runner so she likes the number 26.  Grandchild #3 and #4 is on the way.

He looks a bit like his daddy!


On the down side my brother is losing his battle with cancer, he is now on Hospice, I am headed out to Colorado to spend the week with everyone.  Sorry to be so blunt, but it sucks.

January 2012

I have completed my daughter-in-laws gifts, but the preview will have to wait till May, after she receives them!

Do you remember playing the game Concentration?  The Match Game?  We used to play it with Playing cards.  The Cottage Mama made a set a few months back, she calls it "I Spy".   I made a set for Sophia, now Rachel wants a set for her class at the Montessori  School where she teaches. They were fun to make, thanks to my Winding Ways quilt group, who helped me sew them last week.

One side the fabric is all the same

pairs of different fabrics



I think I will find a thiner batting, I used Warm and Natural, I have loads of scraps, I might like them better a bit thiner?  This is a great project for scraps, I used 5 inch squares and a 1/4 inch seam.




I made a custom order skirt, love the fabric.




Happy Sewing,
Cindys

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It's difficult to separate the two when you have such happiness and such sadness at the same time. Be safe on your trip.

    Love the projects :)

    Julie
    www.vibrant-designs.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you mom! You inspire me.
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy,

    Many congrats on your new grand-SON! I really like your idea of a fabric matching game. :)

    - Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting - I know I don't always comment, but I love admiring your beautiful and creative work! Congratulations on your first grandson!

    I am so sorry about your brother. I hope the time you spend with your family will be a blessing and a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you so much and know that words aren't really enough to say how I feel for you in this time. Chris and I really wish we could be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy, Congrats on the new grandson and I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. These bittersweet times are hard. I'm praying for you. All the best. Love Evie

    ReplyDelete