Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oh What a deal!!!

I have been looking for a small sewing machine.  My monthly quilt group rotates houses and I am always nervous carting my Viking around, it is heavy and if I drop it, yikes, it would be, well, very very sad!!!



A few of the ladies in my quilt group have a Janome Jem Gold.  I have looked at the local sewing stores and on line and the least expensive that I found it was $199.00.

I had made a trip to my local sewing machine store because I needed some bobbins for my Viking.  They carry the Janome line and had the Jem Gold 3, the new model, I was asking the sales person about the machine, their cost was $249.  She mentioned they had a used one, someone returned in an upgrade.  The former owner had it only a few months.  
The price of the used machine was $149....whoo hoo!!!  It only took me a second to ponder, and say "I'll take it."  



So I am now the proud owner of my own Jem Gold 3!!!  

It will be useful for top stitching, it really has a very nice stitch, and I won't have to spend so much time changing thread.


And it is so portable, I will even take it on our two week vacation to the lake this summer!

I love a good deal!!!

Cindy



0 comments:

Post a Comment