Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fabric Play

I am taking the next few weeks to "play" with fabric.  I have long admired many quilting blogs and am trying my hand at some "modern" patchwork.

Bumblebee and Sophie is still going, although it seems at a standstill, so I am not making too many children's clothes at the moment.  I will attend a couple of craft fairs in the late fall, leading up to Christmas, and will be making some more dresses then.    So right now I am playing!!

Some random scraps sewn together in a Crazy Patch sort of way.  



We are at the lake in the Adirondacks that we have been coming to for over 35 years, well the kids and I.  My husband has come here his whole life.  It is a place of peace and relaxation.

View from the porch, spending a lot of time looking!


We will be here two whole weeks!!  Love it!!

I brought my sewing machine and some fabric and plan to play some, maybe a few small quilts.  Also working on a quilt that I will show you in a couple of weeks.

I will also continue my training for the next Triathlon my husband and I are competing in, The Timberman Sprint.  We fill our days with open water swims, running and cycling.  You can read about it here.

Behind us is The Taftsville covered bridge in Vermont.  Washed away by hurricane Irene last year.  


Have a wonderful week,
Cindy


0 comments:

Post a Comment