Saturday, September 10, 2011

Laura's quilt: Monkey Pants

This past winter, Karen, a friend of mine asked if I would teach her daughter Laura how to quilt.  Laura wanted to make a quilt for her cousin Lorenzo.  Laura is homeschooled, so this was a bit of Home Economics.

Laura and I got together once a week and I taught her the basics.


She learned how to use a rotary cutter and measure with the mat and ruler...measure twice, cut once...


We used the Yellow Brick Road pattern, with a few changes.  It is a really great pattern to use for a beginner!


Laura learned how to use a sewing machine.





The completed top and batting.


The backing ready to be tied.


All done!!


Great job Laura!!!

I love passing on a love for sewing and quilting.
Have a great day
Cindy


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I love it when someone is interested in learning the craft that I'm so passionate about. Good job! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what cute quilt! She's so talented!

    ReplyDelete