Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let the Vacations begin!

We (my husband John and I) are doing a lot of traveling this summer.  Not usual for us, but, I will take it!!  I love to travel.  See other parts of the country and world, how people live and where they shop... I think I have realized most places are a lot like around little old New Hampshire.



My husband had a trade show to attend, in Vancouver, British Columbia, he thought it would be a great idea for me to join him.  I thought so too!!!!  He left early on Tuesday, and I followed on Wednesday. The Trade show lasted till Thursday afternoon.  Which meant I got to wander around Vancouver for the day!

Here are some photos of my wanderings.

 The bridge from Vancouver proper to Granville Island








I wish I could shop here every week!!






A short water taxi ride to another part of Vancouver


I told hubs this would make a nice birthday present!!  Fun to dream...

When the trade show was over we were off to a "secret" location... I did not know where we were going to spend the rest of the 4 days???  We drove to the ferry and ended up here.

A 20 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay.

  We had a cute, cute studio,  a short walk from water, town, and trails for hiking.  PERFECT!!!
The scenery was stunning to say the least!!  


Beaches "littered" with driftwood, huge logs, trees... amazing!


This is a log!  Too bad for the helmet hair, we were on bikes.  Oh did I mention the HILLS!
Bald Eagles 

Took me a while to set up this shot, he is so patient!!


The base of a burned out tree, absolutely HUGE!!!


Really cute tug boats


Sailboat races




Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Cindy






2 comments:

  1. What wonderful travels! Great pictures, especially the ones from the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Vancouver is gorgeous! I've been to Victoria but have yet to visit the other side. Thanks for posting these photos :)

    ReplyDelete