|My new friend|
I began by sewing a few pieces together, cutting so edges were even and I could add more. then surrounded the patched piece with white Kona cotton. I am falling in love with solids, slowly. They have always seemed so plain, but, when you add the quilting lines it suddenly has dimension and texture. Rather a fun exercise.
|After taking off the first binding...|
|Really loved the quilting process|
I got all the way to the binding...which is where the problems began. I did not want to hand sew the binding. I was trying to be smart and sew the binding on the back bring it around front and sew down with the machine. Reading some tutorials I thought I would do a half (1/2) inch seam, which meant there was not really enough binding to bring around to the front. Well, my
|The finished product|
|The squiggly line of quilting was another bright idea that I decided not to follow through on, but did not take it out|
My inclination at that point was to throw the whole thing away. But, after I calmed down I decided to take the binding off and start over. This time I read carefully this tutorial on Red Pepper Quilts. Luckily I had enough of the scraps to make a binding, this time using a quarter inch seam and sewing onto the front and then sewing with the machine. It WORKED!!!!
The bits of binding I had left from what I had removed I sewed together with some added bits and I have another small quilt, or mug rug.
|still needs a binding...will do it right the first time!!!!|
Despite the issues it was a fun exercise. I think I will list these in my Etsy Shop if you are interested.
Have a whole dryer full of fabric to fold. Won't be ironing today...93 degrees. Nice in my bedroom with the AC on!!!! I suppose I could bring in the ironing board...hmmm
Have a great weekend!!
Linked up at:
Canoe Ridge Creations